906.01 WIRE FOR GABIONS.
- A370. All wire including tie and connecting wire shall have a tensile strength of at least 60 000 psi. All wire sizes and mesh spacing shall be as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Stainless steel interlocking fasteners meeting A313 may be substituted for wire ties. Fasteners shall remain in a closed and locked condition when subjected to directional tension along its axis at a minimum force of 900 lb.
- 906.01.01 Galvanized Coating for Gabions. A123. Galvanize fabric, ties, and connecting wire to at least 0.8 oz/ft2.
- 906.01.02 Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) Coating for Gabions. Test per MSMT 508. PVC coating for fabric, ties, and connecting wires shall exhibit no weight loss. Color shall meet Federal Standard 595 gray, No. 26440 or green No. 24533 and match throughout the project.
SPECIAL PROVISION INSERTS
The following Special Provision Inserts update Section 906 after the official publication of the Standard SpecificationA written description of functional characteristics, or the nature of a construction item to be procured. It may include a. Updated documents may be found within the Standard and Supplemental Specifications for Construction and Materials on the MDOTMaryland Department of Transportation SHA web page.
- SPI-Section 906-Gabions. Dated 5/11/2018.