903 MASONRY PRODUCTS
From MDOT Policy Manual
903.01 SEWER BRICK.
- M 91, Grade SMUnified Soil Classification System term for Silt, with a standard size of 2-1/4 x 3-3/4 x 8 in.
903.02 MANHOLE BRICK.
- M 91, Grade MS.
903.03 BUILDING BRICK.
- M 114, Grade SW.
903.04 HOLLOW CONCRETE MASONRY BLOCK.
- C 90, Grade N, Type I, normal weight.
903.05 SOLID CONCRETE MASONRY BLOCK.
- C 139.
903.06 MORTAR FOR MASONRY.
- Composed in accordance with one of the following:
- (a) One part portland or blended cement and three parts mortar sand by dry loose volume and hydrated lime not to exceed 20 percent of the cement by weight.
- (b) One part masonry cement and three parts mortar sand by dry loose volume.
- (c) Prepared bag mixes consisting of masonry cement and mortar sand. The prepared mixes shall produce a minimum compressive strength of 500 psi in seven days when tested using the applicable procedures specified in C 91.
- Materials for mortar shall meet the following: