817 PUSH BUTTONS AND PUSH BUTTON SIGNS
From MDOT Policy Manual
- Furnish and install pedestrian push button assemblies and push button signs.
- The push button assembly shall be weather-tight and tamper proof. The assembly shall be designed to prevent an electrical shock under any weather condition and have provisions for grounding in conformance with the NECNational Electric CodeNortheast Corridor.
- (a) The push button assembly shall be fabricated from aluminum ingot and have an anodized finish.
- (b) The push button plunger shall be chrome plated, 2 in. diameter, and have a spring with operative force not to exceed 5 lb.
- (c) The push button switch shall have single-pole momentary, normally-open, single-throw contacts and spade-type terminals.
- (d) The switch assembly shall have an operating force of approximately 0.5 lb, but not more than 1 lb.
- (e) The switch assembly shall be ULUnderwriters Laboratories, Incorporated approved and electrically rated to carry 25 amps at 120 volts AC.
- Locate push buttons in positions that clearly indicate to the pedestrian which crosswalks are actuated by each push button.
- Furnish all mounting hardware, and drill holes to provide cable and wire entrances.
817.04 MEASUREMENT AND PAYMENT.
- Push buttons and push button signs will be measured and paid for at the Contract unit price per each for the pertinent Push Button and Sign item. The payment will be full compensation for all material, labor, equipment, tools, and incidentals necessary to complete the work.