816 TRAFFIC CONTROL DEVICE CABINETS AND EQUIPMENT
From MDOT Policy Manual
- Install AdministrationShall mean any one of the Administrations within the Maryland Department of Transportation, as listed in GP 1.02. furnished traffic signal controllers and cabinets, furnish and install traffic signal controllers and cabinets, furnish and install Intelligent Transportations Systems control cabinets, and furnish and install lighting control cabinets for highway and sign lighting.
Conduit 921.07.01,921.07.03 Detector Tape 950.11 Control and Distribution EquipmentAll machinery, tools, and apparatus necessary for the proper construction and acceptable completion of the work, together with the necessary supplies for upkeep and maintenance. 950.13 Anchor Bolts, Hardware, Cabinets and Controllers Furnished by, or as approved by the Office of Traffic and Safety
- All materials, equipment and installations shall be new, ULUnderwriters Laboratories, Incorporated listed or labeled, and meet NECNational Electric CodeNortheast Corridor, NESCNational Electric Safety Code, NEMANational Electrical Manufacturers' Association, IESIlluminating Engineers Society, and local codes and ordinances applicable to the installation.
- 816.03.01 Base Mounted Traffic Signal Cabinets. Mount cabinets on concrete foundations conforming to Section 801. Furnish and install conduit as specified in Section 805.
- 816.03.02 Pole Mounted Traffic Signal Cabinets. Install cabinets as specified. Furnish and install conduit as specified in Section 805.
- 816.03.03 Base Mounted Lighting Cabinets. Furnish and install the equipment enclosure, panel boards, transformers, circuit breakers, lighting contactor, relay, photoelectric controls, thermostats, selector switches, fans, lightning arresters, conduit, wiring and wiring devices, and all other equipment necessary to provide a complete functioning lighting cabinet as specified. Protect all electrical outlets with ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCI).
- 816.03.04 Pole Mounted Lighting Cabinets. Furnish and install a NEMANational Electrical Manufacturers' Association 4X, stainless enclosure with hardware for attaching the unit to a utility pole, wood post, or traffic control device structure. Include a 60 amp, double pole main circuit breaker; a 60 amp, double pole electrically held lighting contactor; four double pole circuit breakers at the amperage specified in the Contract DocumentsThe written agreement executed between an Administration and the successful bidder, covering the performance of the work and furnishing of labor, equipment and materials, by which the Contractor is bound to perform the work and furnish the labor, equipment and materials, and by which the Administration is obligated to compensate him therefore at the mutually established and accepted rate or price. The Contract Documents shall include the Invitation for Bids, Notice to Contractors, Instructions to Bidders, Proposal, Contract Forms and Bonds, General Provisions, Specifications, Supplemental Specifications, all Special Provisions, all Technical Provisions, all Plans and Notices to Proceed, also any written Change Orders and Supplemental Agreements that are required to complete the construction of the work in an acceptable manner, including authorized extension thereof; photoelectric control; lightning arrester; and all incidentals necessary to provide a complete lighting control unit.
816.04 MEASUREMENT AND PAYMENT.
- 816.04.01 Installing AdministrationShall mean any one of the Administrations within the Maryland Department of Transportation, as listed in GP 1.02. furnished signal controllers and cabinets will be measured and paid for at the Contract unit price per each for the pertinent Install Traffic Signal Controllers and Cabinets item. Installing ContractorAny person having a Contract with a procurement agency. Contractor does not include an employee with an employment Contract, or an employee organization with a collective bargaining agreement. furnished traffic signal controllers and cabinets will be measured and paid for at the Contract unit price per each for the pertinent Traffic Signal Controllers and Cabinets item. The payment will be full compensation for pickup, transportation, and installation of the controller or cabinet when applicable, furnishing and installing the controller or cabinet when applicable, and for all material, labor, equipment, tools, and incidentals necessary to complete the work.
- 816.04.02 Concrete foundations will be measured and paid for as specified in 801.04.
- 816.04.03 Conduit will be measured and paid for as specified in 805.04.
- 816.04.04 Ground rods will be measured and paid for as specified in 804.04.
- 816.04.05 Lighting Control Cabinets will be measured and paid for at the Contract unit price per each of the type and size specified. The payment will be full compensation for all material, labor, equipment, tools, and incidentals necessary to complete the work.