812 WOOD SIGN SUPPORTS
From MDOT Policy Manual
- Furnish and install wood sign supports.
- Wood supports shall be No. 1 dense grade.
- Auger or dig holes using methods approved by the EngineerAny person designated by the Administrator or the procurement officer, acting directly or through his duly authorized representative, such representative acting within the scope of the particular duties assigned to him or of the authority given him.. Place supports in a plumb position and to the specified depth and lateral orientation. Backfill using suitable excavation material, and compact in place. Do not drive or hammer supports into undisturbed earth.
- When specified, wood sign supports shall have drilled holes conforming to the breakaway requirements specified in AASHTOAmerican Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials Specifications for Structural Supports for Highway Signs, Luminaires, and Traffic Signals, or as shown in the Contract DocumentsThe written agreement executed between an Administration and the successful bidder, covering the performance of the work and furnishing of labor, equipment and materials, by which the Contractor is bound to perform the work and furnish the labor, equipment and materials, and by which the Administration is obligated to compensate him therefore at the mutually established and accepted rate or price. The Contract Documents shall include the Invitation for Bids, Notice to Contractors, Instructions to Bidders, Proposal, Contract Forms and Bonds, General Provisions, Specifications, Supplemental Specifications, all Special Provisions, all Technical Provisions, all Plans and Notices to Proceed, also any written Change Orders and Supplemental Agreements that are required to complete the construction of the work in an acceptable manner, including authorized extension thereof.
812.04 MEASUREMENT AND PAYMENT.
- Wood Sign Supports will be measured and paid for at the Contract unit price per linear foot for the length and size specified. The payment will be full compensation for all excavation, backfill, drilled holes, and for all material, labor, equipment, tools, and incidentals necessary to complete the work.