809 TRENCHING AND BACKFILLING
From MDOT Policy Manual
- Excavate trenches for the installation of underground conduit, wire, or duct cable for traffic control devices.
- Excavate trenches as specified.
- In areas where conduit or cable is trenched, place a detector tape 6 in. below the finished grade. The tape shall be red and imprinted with a continuous warning message that reads "CAUTION: ELECTRICAL LINE BURIED BELOW", repeated every 36 in. The tape shall be inductively and conductively traceable using a standard pipe and cable locating device.
- Cable Treatment. Bed the duct cable and direct buried wires into the special backfill material as specified.
- Backfill. Backfill and compact the trench as specified in 801.03.05 and restore to its original condition. Replace topsoil, reseed, and resod, where directed.
809.04 MEASUREMENT AND PAYMENT.
- Trenching and backfilling will not be measured but the cost will be incidental to the Contract unit price for the installation of the pertinent Conduit, Wire, or Duct Cable.