802 GALVANIZED STEEL BEAM SIGN POSTS
From MDOT Policy Manual
- Furnish and install galvanized steel beam sign posts.
Bolts, Nuts and Washers 909.07 Galvanizing for Beams A 123 Galvanizing for Hardware A 153 Steel Beams A 709
- Stake each location for approval. Upon approval, submit working drawings. Show the highest elevation of the traveled roadway and the shoulder elevation at each post location. Upon approval of the working drawings, materials may be ordered.
- Galvanized parts that have been cut or chipped to bare metal shall be repaired per A 780. Install posts plumb and to the lateral orientation specified.
802.04 MEASUREMENT AND PAYMENT.
- Galvanized Steel Beam Sign Posts will be measured and paid for at the Contract unit price per linear foot for the various sizes of posts specified. The payment will be full compensation for stakeout, and for all material, labor, equipment, tools, and incidentals necessary to complete the work.
- Breakaway Base Support Systems will be measured and paid for as specified in Section 821.