609 SHOULDER EDGE DROP OFF GRADING ADJUSTMENT
From MDOT Policy Manual
- Construct the area adjacent to the outside edge of the shoulder to eliminate the shoulder edge drop off.
Crusher Run Aggregate CR-6 901.01 Salvaged Topsoil 920.01.01 Furnished Topsoil 920.01.02 Asphalt Millings or Grindings Size of individual particles shall be less than 2 in. as determined visually.
- When the outside edge of the shoulder is greater than 2 -1/2 in. above the existing groundline, place a wedge of topsoil installed per Section 701, or crusher run aggregate CR-6, or asphalt millings or grindings, in designated areas as specified or as directed.
- Grade the topsoil, or crusher run aggregate CR-6, or asphalt millings or grindings, to a slope of 4:1 or as directed. Compact the material as specified or as directed.
- Immediately after grading topsoil, perform either of the following as specified or as directed:
- (b) Perform Turfgrass Sod Establishment per Section 708.
- Complete the grading adjustment and install all materials by the end of the day that the drop off is created and prior to opening to traffic. The material, lines and grades, and the cross section shall be as specified.
609.04 MEASUREMENT AND PAYMENT.
- The payment will be full compensation for all material, labor, equipment, tools, disposal fees and incidentals necessary to complete the work.
- 609.04.01 Placing Salvaged Topsoil for Grading Adjustment or Placing Furnished Topsoil for Grading Adjustment will be measured and paid for at the Contract unit price per square yard, or as specified.
- 609.04.02 Crusher Run Aggregate CR 6 or Asphalt Millings or Grindings for ShoulderThe portion of the roadbed contiguous with the traveled way for accommodation of stopped vehicles, for emergency use, and for lateral support of base and surface courses. Edge Drop Off will be measured and paid for at the Contract unit price per square yard, or per ton.
- 609.04.03 Turfgrass Sod Establishment or Turfgrass Establishment will be measured and paid for at the Contract unit price per square yard.
- 609.04.04 Type A Soil Stabilization Matting or Type E Soil Stabilization Matting will be measured and paid for at the Contract unit price per square yard.