431 STEEL STUD SHEAR DEVELOPERS
From MDOT Policy Manual
- Furnish, fabricate, and install steel stud shear developers.
Steel Stud Shear Developers 909.05
- Erect all structural steel and install all applicable forming and decking in a particular span before attaching shear developers to the structural steel. Install shear developers per AASHTOAmerican Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials/ AWSAmerican Welding Society BridgeA structure including supports erected over a depression or an obstruction, such as water, highway, or railway, and having a track or passageway for carrying traffic or other moving loads, and having an opening measured along the center of the roadway of more than 20 feet between undercopings of abutments or spring lines of arches, or extreme ends of openings for multiple boxes; it may also include multiple pipes, where the clear distance between openings is less than half of the smaller contiguous opening. For lengths, all dimensions shall be parallel to the center line of the roadway. The dimensions of handrails will not be taken into account in measuring bridge lengths. Any bridge or highway grade separation structure includes the connecting highways, substructure, superstructure, roadway approaches, entrance plazas, interchanges, overpasses, underpasses, and other structures which the Administration may deem necessary together with all property rights, easements, franchises, and interests acquired by the Administration for the construction and operation of the bridge. Welding Code D1.5. All studs will be inspected per AWSAmerican Welding Society D1.5 immediately after welding is completed. Correct defects as directed.
431.04 MEASUREMENT AND PAYMENT.
- The payment will be full compensation for all material, labor, equipment, tools, and incidentals necessary to complete the work.
- 431.04.01 Steel Stud Shear Developers will not be measured but will be paid for at the Contract lump sum price.
- 431.04.02 Steel stud shear developers for which there is no specific pay item included in the Contract DocumentsThe written agreement executed between an Administration and the successful bidder, covering the performance of the work and furnishing of labor, equipment and materials, by which the Contractor is bound to perform the work and furnish the labor, equipment and materials, and by which the Administration is obligated to compensate him therefore at the mutually established and accepted rate or price. The Contract Documents shall include the Invitation for Bids, Notice to Contractors, Instructions to Bidders, Proposal, Contract Forms and Bonds, General Provisions, Specifications, Supplemental Specifications, all Special Provisions, all Technical Provisions, all Plans and Notices to Proceed, also any written Change Orders and Supplemental Agreements that are required to complete the construction of the work in an acceptable manner, including authorized extension thereof will not be measured but the cost will be incidental to other pertinent items specified.
- 431.04.03 Steel Stud Shear Developers will be measured and paid for at the Contract unit price per each.