310 CONCRETE SLOPE AND CHANNEL PROTECTION
From MDOT Policy Manual
- Protect slopes and channels with cast in place concrete and cutoff walls.
Crusher Run Aggregate CR-6 901.01 No. 57 Aggregate 901.01 Curing Materials 902.07 Form Release Compound 902.08 Portland Cement Concrete 902.10, Mix No. 2 Welded Steel Wire Fabric 908.05 Joint Sealer 911.01 Preformed Joint Fillers 911.02 Roofing Paper 911.07 Borrow 916
- 310.03.01 Excavation. Excavate, including excavation for cutoff walls, according to Section 602. Refer to 402.03.01 for excavated material.
- 310.03.02 Cast In Place Concrete. Construct cast in place concrete slope protection in alternate strips so that construction joints are all in one direction and that tooled joints run perpendicular to the construction joints. The result shall be a checkerboard pattern having squares of at least 3 ft but not more than 5 ft. The EngineerAny person designated by the Administrator or the procurement officer, acting directly or through his duly authorized representative, such representative acting within the scope of the particular duties assigned to him or of the authority given him. will determine the size of the squares and the size of squares around curved surfaces. Construct joints and cutoff walls as specified.
- 310.03.03 Forms. As specified in Section 603.
- 310.03.04 Concreting. Mix concrete as specified in 915.03.04. Volumetric batching and continuous mixing will be permitted. Prior to placing the concrete, use acceptable methods to dewater areas that are subject to the infiltration of water. Spread and tamp, or otherwise consolidate the concrete. Strike it off with an approved screed, and give the surface a broomed finish. Do not plaster the surface. Use a 1/4 in. edging tool on all edges and joints.
- 310.03.06 Backfill. After removing the forms, place and compact the backfill.
310.04 MEASUREMENT AND PAYMENT.
- The payment will be full compensation for all concrete, forms, excavation, curing, joint sealer and filler, backfill, compaction, disposal of excess or unsuitable material, and for all material, labor, equipment, tools, and incidentals necessary to complete the work.
- 310.04.01 Concrete Slope and Channel Protection and Concrete Slope Protection for Streams will be measured and paid for at the Contract unit price per square yard of finished surface.
- 310.04.02 Cutoff Walls will be measured and paid for at the Contract unit price per linear foot.
- 310.04.03 The removal and disposal of unsuitable material below the subgrade will be measured and paid for at the Contract unit price per cubic yard for Class 2 Excavation.
- 310.04.04 When Borrow or Selected Backfill using No. 57 Aggregate or Selected Backfill using Crusher Run Aggregate CR-6 is approved by the EngineerAny person designated by the Administrator or the procurement officer, acting directly or through his duly authorized representative, such representative acting within the scope of the particular duties assigned to him or of the authority given him. as replacement material for the Class 2 Excavation, it will be measured and paid for at the Contract unit price per cubic yard for the pertinent item specified in the Contract DocumentsThe written agreement executed between an Administration and the successful bidder, covering the performance of the work and furnishing of labor, equipment and materials, by which the Contractor is bound to perform the work and furnish the labor, equipment and materials, and by which the Administration is obligated to compensate him therefore at the mutually established and accepted rate or price. The Contract Documents shall include the Invitation for Bids, Notice to Contractors, Instructions to Bidders, Proposal, Contract Forms and Bonds, General Provisions, Specifications, Supplemental Specifications, all Special Provisions, all Technical Provisions, all Plans and Notices to Proceed, also any written Change Orders and Supplemental Agreements that are required to complete the construction of the work in an acceptable manner, including authorized extension thereof.