309 CONCRETE DITCHES
From MDOT Policy Manual
- Construct concrete ditches and incidental toe walls.
Crusher Run Aggregate CR-6 901.01 No. 57 Aggregate 901.01 Curing Materials 902.07 Form Release Compounds 902.08 Portland Cement Concrete 902.10, Mix No. 2 Joint Sealer 911.01 Preformed Joint Filler 911.02 Borrow 916 Soil Stabilization Matting 920.06
- 309.03.01 Excavation. Excavate and prepare the subgrade per Section 602. For excavated material, refer to 402.03.01.
- 309.03.02 Forms. Use steel or wooden forms meeting Section 603.
- 309.03.03 Concrete. Mix and place according to Section 603.
- 309.03.04 Joints. Place joints no more than 15 ft apart. Use either bulkhead or weakened plane construction joints. Either tool or saw weakened plane joints to a depth of at least 3/4 in. Place expansion joints no more than 90 ft apart and seal.
- 309.03.05 Cold Weather Construction and Curing. Refer to 520.03.02 for cold weather construction and to 520.03.12 for concrete curing.
- 309.03.06 Backfill. After the forms have been removed, place and compact the backfill.
- 309.03.07 When the existing concrete ditch is removed but not replaced, regrade and stabilize the area as directed.
309.04 MEASUREMENT AND PAYMENT.
- The payment will be full compensation for all concrete, excavation, forms, backfill, curing, disposal of excess or unsuitable material, toe walls, and for all material, labor, equipment, tools, and incidentals necessary to complete the work.
- 309.04.01 Concrete Ditches will be measured and paid for at the Contract unit price per square yard.
- 309.04.02 The removal and disposal of unsuitable material below the subgrade will be measured and paid for at the Contract unit price per cubic yard for Class 2 Excavation.
- 309.04.03 When Borrow or Selected Backfill using No. 57 Aggregate or Selected Backfill using Crusher Run Aggregate CR-6 is approved by the EngineerAny person designated by the Administrator or the procurement officer, acting directly or through his duly authorized representative, such representative acting within the scope of the particular duties assigned to him or of the authority given him. as replacement material for the Class 2 Excavation, it will be measured and paid for at the Contract unit price per cubic yard for the pertinent items as specified in the Contract DocumentsThe written agreement executed between an Administration and the successful bidder, covering the performance of the work and furnishing of labor, equipment and materials, by which the Contractor is bound to perform the work and furnish the labor, equipment and materials, and by which the Administration is obligated to compensate him therefore at the mutually established and accepted rate or price. The Contract Documents shall include the Invitation for Bids, Notice to Contractors, Instructions to Bidders, Proposal, Contract Forms and Bonds, General Provisions, Specifications, Supplemental Specifications, all Special Provisions, all Technical Provisions, all Plans and Notices to Proceed, also any written Change Orders and Supplemental Agreements that are required to complete the construction of the work in an acceptable manner, including authorized extension thereof.
- 309.04.04 Concrete Ditches removed but not replaced will be paid for at the Contract unit price per square yard. The payment will include the cost to dispose of the material, regrading, topsoil, and soil stabilization matting.